Why SERVPRO Should Be Your First Choice
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Pamphlet
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging bio-hazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique
3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
SERVPRO is here to Help the community!!
Franchise Owner Marc Wood Accepting Award at NARPM Meeting
SERVPRO of SW San Jose values the opportunity to educate our community on issues such as fire, water, and mold damage restoration. Our marketing manager recently talked to real estate agents at the local National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) meetings.
Property managers may also take lessons from SERVPRO about the services that we can provide them and their clients. SERVPRO provides real estate agents and property managers with the resources they need to assist them and inform them on water, fire, and mold damage. SERVPRO of SW San Jose looks after and assists many property managers in the region who have experienced water, mold, or fire damage.
Selling a damaged house is struggle that real estate agents tend to deal with. SERVPRO aids agents by fixing damages and cleaning messes so that they can provide a more suitable space for living to their clients.
Water damage in San Jose, Ca
Above is a water damage that revealed multiple flooring below the initial damage.
Last week, we got a call from a customer who noticed some discoloration in his wall. He asked for an inspection because he wasn't sure if it was water damage.
To detect water disruption, we primarily use non-intrusive moisture meters. This form of moisture meter has the advantage of causing no physical harm to the products being tested.
Our examination found that not only his wall cavity, but also a significant portion of his flooring had been damaged. Look at how we discovered another layer of tile underneath the floating floor in the frame. Customers are often stunned to discover one, two, or even three old floors under their laminate flooring. Without proper inspection from us, a flooring company could come in and possibly just add another layer to the mess.
We are Here to Help
We are always here to help
How do you keep clean with all that is going around with the COVID-19? Also we are here to help with an COVID-19 question you may have. Just give us a call we are to help.
Avoid touching face.
Clean and sanitize home.
Clean and sanitize business.
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration, we can minimize the spread of germs with a proactive cleaning for your home or business.
We are here to help get back to how things were before the stay at home. We are here to clean you house or workplace. We will sanitize all of the office or home. SERVPRO of SW San Jose will also take care of any water damage, fire or mold job from beginning to end. We work in the bay area. We also will work with your home insurance or business insurance.
Give us a call today.
SERVPRO of SW San Jose 408-288-9977
SERVPRO is here to help property management.
SERVPRO of SW San Jose
One of our property management clients called SERVPRO of SW San Jose because he was evicting a problem tenant who caused his apartment to become overwhelmed with roaches. The pest control company had already treated the unit on a few occasions, but now they have a serious bio-hazard cleanup on their hands.
He told us he contacted a few janitorial companies for quotes but they would not even attempt to bid the project because of the potential health hazards.
SERVPRO of SW San Jose crews have the expertise and materials to handle just about any bio-hazard cleanup project. Should you run into such a situation, give SERVPRO of SW San Jose a call for your free estimate today. We will take care of the job from beginning to end. SERVPRO of SW San Jose will take care of the dirty work for you. Just call us and we will help out, and leave it "Like it never even happened."
Why SERVPRO cause we are here.
people helping them out
SERVPRO of SW San Jose welcomes opportunities to educate our community about fire, water, and mold damage restoration topics. Recently our marketing manager spoke to real estate agent members of the Independent Broker's meeting at the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors (SCCAOR). SERVPRO also gives classes to property managers. SERVPRO gives real estate agent and property manages the tools to help them and educate them to know more about water, fire and mold damage. SERVPRO of SW San Jose takes care and helps out a lot of property managers in the area with water damage as well as mold and fire damage. Selling a house is a hard thing but when the real estate agent needs help taking care of a mold damage we are here to help them out.
This is why you call SERVPRO
Skunks and raccoons under and around the house.
Here is a little story from one of our customer. She had raccoons under her house and called us.
I LOVE these guys! I had 4 skunks, 2 raccoons & a possum removed from around & under my mobile home by Critter Control & the animals thrashed the underside of my mobile & created several stinky latrines. My insurance covered the damage they did (not the removal but the damage) BUT I could not find anyone who would actually come out & give me an estimate to fix it! I tried all the people with good reviews & finally found a company that would come out. Their estimate freaked out my insurance agent because it was super high, only included 130 feet of insulation (out of 1440 sq ft) didn't include any remediation for animal waste, etc... & she called SERVPRO of SW San Jose. I was a bit concerned because I didn't know anything about them BUT Jeremy came out & checked the underside & wrote a new estimate that was higher BUT included getting rid of the animal waste, sterilizing the soil & replacing all of the insulation & moisture barrier. During all of this my BF had a heart attack & had to have a stent put in. They took care of everything! Were super easy to deal with and bent over backwards to make sure I was taken care of so I could take care of him. **Bonus** Not only is Jeremy super nice & knowledgeable BUT he also pointed out a shower drain in my back bathroom that is under construction that was not connected properly. It had calcification around the open joint & I would never have known that, if he hadn't told us. I would have had water pouring into my new insulation once the bathroom was finished. He also pointed out a couple of other minor things (that my BF will fix) with the water pipes, heating ducts, etc... So not only is he doing a great job but I feel super happy knowing that he is checking the plumbing, heating & electrical systems while he is down there & it is open! What a great experience!!!
We are here to help any time.
SERVPRO is here to help.
mold can be anywhere SERVPRO of SW San Jose is here to help big or small jobs.
Working to help a customer in Los Gatos deal with a leaking wax ring from a toilet. They saw a gradual widening of discoloration in a ring pattern in the vinyl in their upstairs bathroom - then one day this nasty spot appeared on their hallway ceiling below! Luckily for them the amount of sewage was small and we were able to catch it in the initial stages. We performed their water damage cleanup and sanitized the affected areas.
Customers often ask us if there is anything they can do to help prevent this type of damage. The best advice in this instance would have been to investigate the vinyl discoloration in the upstairs bathroom at the very beginning. Frequent inspections are often a good way to prevent leaks.
Helping out in a water damage in San Jose, Ca
Floor was damage but to long time leak in the kitchen from under the house.
A customer telephoned us to report that her kitchen hardwood has been gradually discoloring over several months, in particular over a high traffic area. They were at a loss as to what was causing the discoloration. They contacted their insurance agent and he suggested to call SERVPRO of SW San Jose for a no-obligation inspection.
We sent out a technician who performed a moisture mapping of their floor. He determined not only was there water present under the floor, but also under the carpeting of the family room that is located adjacent to the kitchen.
Our tech carefully peeled back the carpeting to discover a crack in the customer's concrete foundation where water was emanating from.
No customer ever wants to hear the news there is a crack in their foundation - but boy was she relieved to finally know the cause! But SERVPRO was there to help her in all the damage.
We are here to help give us a call!
How to reduce water damage to your home.
bathroom ceiling water damage
Whether due to lack of attention or a freak accident, all homeowners at one point or another experience some type of water issue in their homes. And in many cases, the problems present themselves in subtle ways. The key is to be on the lookout for them so that they don't become a matter that requires a significant amount of time, money, and effort to fix.
With this in mind, the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) chronicled the five leading causes of water damage based on property insurance claims. In addition, they outlined the potential indicators of a problem and tips on how homeowners can solve them.
1. PLUMBING SUPPLY SYSTEM FAILURE
The average cost of a plumbing supply system failure was more than $5,000 after the insurance deductible was paid, according to the IBHS study.
Ways to Reduce Damage
- Potential indicators of a plumbing problem include an increased monthly water bill, banging pipes, rust stains, and moisture in the walls or on floors, and signs of wet soil erosion near the foundation.
- Setting the thermostat 60 degrees or higher in winter months, letting faucets drip and insulating pipes are all ways to reduce the risk of frozen pipes.
- Consider installing water alarms or a whole-house automatic water shutoff system
2. TOILET FAILURE
Toilet failures in the IBHS study cost more than $5,500 per incident after the deductible was paid. One-third of all toilet failures in the study resulted from an overflowing or clogged toilet.
Ways to Reduce Damage
- After you flush, wait for the valve to completely finish refilling the tank and bowl. If an overflow looks imminent, turn off the supply valve.
- Twice a year, inspect a toilet’s components, such as the fill, supply and flush valves and the supply line.
- Consider upgrading the toilet’s supply line to a sturdier braided steel hose.
3. WATER HEATER FAILURE
The most common causes of water heater failures in the IBHS study were a slow leak or a sudden burst in the tank, followed by supply line failures. The average cost per incident was $4,444.
Ways to Reduce Damage
- Check the life expectancy and warranty for the water heater and replace accordingly.
- Proper maintenance, such as flushing sediments and inspecting the heater’s anode rod, can increase life expectancy.
- Inspect valves to ensure proper operations, and use ball valves in place of gate valves whenever possible.
4. PLUMBING DRAIN SYSTEM FAILURE
The IBHS study found more than half of plumbing system failures were the result of sewer backups. The problem was more common in southern states and on average cost $4,000 per incident after the insurance deductible was paid.
Ways to Reduce Damage
- If the home’s sewer system is connected to the city’s sewer system – a particular problem for older homes – or if you are located downhill or below street level, contact a plumbing professional to install a backflow prevention assembly into the home’s sewer system.
- Plant trees away from lateral drain lines to prevent roots from damaging piping.
- Never pour grease down the drain.
5. WASHING MACHINE FAILURE
More than half of the claims in the IBHS study were linked to washing machine hose failures. Washing machine claims in the study averaged more than $5,300 per incident after the deductible was paid.
Ways to Reduce Damage
- One burst inlet hose, and your laundry room is flooded in a matter of minutes. Replace rubber hoses every three years and consider upgrading to sturdier braided steel hoses.
- When leaving the house for an extended period of time, turn off the hot and cold water supply valve to reduce failure risks.
Nothing can completely prevent water damage incidents. But you can reduce your risk by taking some precautions.