We at SERVPRO of SW San Jose are here to help the South Bay with cleanup from this week's storms. Whether you suffer from a small roof leak to a complete house flood, we can help you.
Should you suffer water intrusion into your home, here are some important does and don't (apply for clean water situations such as rain intrusion)
1. Catch water intrusion if possible in item such as a bucket.
2. Remove excess water by mopping & blotting
3. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for drying
4. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
5. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
6. Remove Oriental or colored rugs from wet carpeting
7. Do NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water.
8. Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of wet areas where ceilings are slogging from retained water.
9. Do not leave books, magazines, or colored items on wet carpeting.