Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It is unquestionable that there is nothing many homeowners hate more than water damage within their expensive homes. Unfortunately, whether you own a residential or a commercial property, you will have to deal with water damage from time to time. It is, therefore, crucial that you know what to do whether you are facing extreme or minimal water damage. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may have to call a handyman who can carry out a quick fix to the problem while in the worst-case scenario you may have to call a certified water damage and restoration professional like SERVPRO of SW San Jose to fix the problem for you. With that in mind, you may be wondering what can cause water damage to always be prepared to handle the problem before it escalates. SERVPRO of SW San Jose is here to handle all your problem.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (408) 288-9977
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.